Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The Metallurgian's Top 20 Albums of 2015

2015 was another great year for metal. How could it not be when Iron Maiden put out a new album? (I know, I know:  it could have been trimmed down from a double album to a single one and everyone would have been happy/happier, but these guys have earned the right to do what they want.)  I didn't have a chance to listen to every record that came out (Who does?), and not all of the critically acclaimed ones struck a chord with me. Nonetheless, there was plenty of music that resonated with me, and here are my favorites. These are the ones that were in the heaviest of rotations for me in 2015.

20. Abscession - Grave Offerings
19. Tribulation - The Children of the Night
18. Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats - The Night Creeper
17. Khemmis - Absolution
16. Locrian - Infinite Dissolution
15. Terzij de Horde - Self
14. Undergang -Døden Læger Alle Sår
13. Valkyrie - Shadows
12. Gattaca - LP
11. Murg - Varg & Björn
10. High on Fire - Luminiferous
09. Vhöl - Deeper Than Sky
08. Lucifer - Lucifer I
07.Grift - Syner
06. Magister Templi - Into Duat
05. Hate Eternal - Infernus
04. Demon Head - Ride the Wilderness
03. Deafheaven - New Bermuda
02. Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls
01. Panopticon - Autumn Eternal

No comments:

Post a Comment